About Professional Dog Trainer Lynn Breary
Hi, I’m Lynn, thanks for visiting my site! My work with dogs started 15 years ago when I adopted a Labrador Retriever from a rescue group. I realized how many dogs needed homes and I started to volunteer at my local SPCA to try and help dogs get adopted. What I came to learn is that many dogs are surrendered to the shelter due to bad behaviors in the home. My commitment to help these dogs led me to CATCH Canine Academy, where I learned how to train dogs using positive reinforcement.
Dogs are Individuals
I have been training dogs for several years and continue to learn something new with each dog I work with. Just like people, no two dogs are alike. Our dogs have their own unique personalities. By learning what your dog is crazy about (food, toys, belly rubs, walks), we can train your dog to do good behaviors using one of these rewards. The more we reward your dog for a good behavior, the more you will see that good behavior increase. Even more important than training your dog, I strive to make sure that you as the dog’s guardian can connect these behaviors to real life situations with success.
Dog Training Education
CATCH Canine Academy was just the start of my dog training education. Since then, I have continued to seek out further education and expand my knowledge by becoming a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA). I recently went back to school to became a Certified Separation Anxiety Trainer (CSAT) to help families and their dogs that suffer from this condition.
Working with Fearful Dogs
One of my passions is working with fearful dogs. So many times, fearful dogs are misunderstood. What looks like a reactive or an aggressive dog may truly be a fearful dog. By using classical conditioning, a fearful dog can learn new ways to deal with their fears, change their emotional response, and in turn increase their confidence. Going a step further, I will help you learn new ways to manage your dog’s fear so that you can go take walks and entertain visitors at your home without constant worry.
Working with Anxious Dogs
I am certified to work with families that are experiencing behaviors in their dogs that are difficult not just for the dog, but also on the entire family, such as separation anxiety. Dogs that suffer with separation anxiety have panic attacks when they are left at home alone. They may whine, bark, and eliminate in the home. Some may become destructive and even hurt themselves. I have the knowledge and expertise to help dogs to overcome their separation anxiety which allows them to feel safe and comfortable when home alone. Best of all, no more worry for you, and no more panic attacks for your dog.
My Dog Training Philosophy
I live in the Upper Perk area with my husband Dave and our 3 dogs, Freddy, Petey and Buddy. Since our kids are grown with families of their own, these 3 pups are our Best Buddies, and the center of our lives. I bet that your dog is the same to your family as well.
Testimonials from Dog Training Clients
- CSAT Certified Separation Anxiety Trainer
- IAABC Shelter Dog Behavior Mentorship
- Canine Separation Anxiety – Elanco PET Program – VetMedTeam
- Separation Related Distress – Dr. Lori Haag, DVM, MS, DACVB
- Separation Anxiety Mission Possible Course – Malena DeMartini
- Medical vs Behavioral – How to Tell the Difference – Jennifer Summerfield, DVM
- Myths and Perceived Barriers to Separation Anxiety Success
- Working with Fearful Dogs – Teoti Anderson – Raising Canine
- Training Animals Part 1 and 2 – SG Friedman, Ph.D.
- CPDT-KA Certified Professional Dog Trainer – Knowledge Assessed
- APDT Association of Professional Dog Trainers Member
- PPG – Pet Professional Guild Member
- Instructor’s Dog Training Course Graduate, Accord, NY
- CATCH Canine Dog Trainer’s Academy Graduate
- Brookline Labrador Retriever Rescue – Senior Volunteer – Shelter Dog Evaluator